Carbon footprint: committed and concerned
In 2020, Laïta carried out its first full Bilan Carbone® (scope 1, 2 and 3) across all activities.
With this Bilan Carbone® we are able to quantify our greenhouse gas emissions by business activity. The production of milk and other raw materials accounts for 88% of our emissions. The downstream industrial activities (energy, gas, etc.) and market-related activities (packaging, freight, waste, transport, etc.) account for the other 12% of total emissions. This distribution is in line with the overall carbon profile for dairy companies in Europe. In terms of milk production, Laïta and its three shareholder cooperatives laid the foundations for a carbon reduction plan in 2020. These foundations are reinforced with concrete actions such as the Bon Diagnostic Carbone® - the 'Good Carbon Diagnostics' device. In terms of manufacturing, our aim is to reduce our scope 1 and 2 greenhouse gas emissions by 40% by 2030, compared to 2019 levels (the reference year) and develop a long-term carbon trajectory by the end of 2022 for the periods leading up to 2030 and 2050, validated by an internationally-recognised external body.
Explore our other commitments and testimonials
Conserving water resources
Reducing our impact on water resources involves reducing the amount of water we waste, improving water treatment and reducing our consumption.
Eco-design for packaging and products
Having first set up a working group to look at packaging eco-design, we are now training our teams to analyse the life cycle and eco-design of products.
Our other pillars
Well-being is our watchword. Laïta is actively committed to the welfare of all - employees, customers, farmers and suppliers alike